ResourcesInformation to help you contact your legislators and advocate for financial planning:
Find Your Representative
CA State Assembly
California State Senate
California State Regulators Contact Information
- California Department of Business Oversight
- California Department of Insurance
- California State Controller
- California State Treasurer
The Department of Business Oversight (DBO) licenses and regulates a variety of financial service providers, including securities brokers and dealers and investment advisers.
1515 K Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA
- Jan Lynn Owen, 2018 Commissioner
- Edgar L. Gill, Senior Deputy Commissioner, Edgar.email@example.com, (916) 327-6698
The Department of Insurance oversees insurance companies and licenses agents and brokers to protect consumers.
300 Capital Mall, Suite 1700, Sacramento, CA
- Dave Jones, 2018 Insurance Commissioner, CommissionerJones@insurance.ca.gov, (916) 492-3666
The Controller’s office is responsible for accountability and disbursement of the state’s financial resources. They oversee the Franchise Tax Board, maintain the Unclaimed Property Division and are tasked with Financial Education.
300 Capitol Mall, Suite 1850, Sacramento, CA
- Betty T. Yee, 2018 Controller
- Lynn Paquin, Deputy Controller, Investments and Financial Management, LPaquin@sco.ca.gov, (916) 324-9756
The Treasurer’s office has responsibility for Investments, Banking and Finance. They offer resources in Economic Development, Housing, Health, Education, Community Investments, Small Business and Environment.
915 Capitol Mall, Room 110, Sacramento, CA 95814
- John Chiang, 2018 Treasurer
- Ruth Holton-Hodson, Senior Policy Advisor, Health & Retirement Initiatives, Rholtonfirstname.lastname@example.org, (916) 653-0724