FPA of California
- FPA of CA is the coalition of eleven California chapters of the Financial Planning Association. We represent roughly 3,000 members and serve over 300,000 California constituents. Our coalition is part of the national Financial Planning Association which serves almost 25,000 members across nearly 90 chapters nationwide.
- FPA of CA is working to establish collaborative relationships with allied professional organizations representing CPAs, attorneys and insurance professionals in order to build strong alliances on issues that affect our clients and the financial planning profession.
Why is FPA and Financial Planning important to Californians?
- FPA members commit to the highest standards of professional competence, ethical conduct and clear, complete disclosure to those we serve. We deliver advice using an objective, client-centered, ethical process. We adhere to a fiduciary standard – we put our client’s best interest first – and are registered to provide investment advice.
- Financial planning promotes financial literacy and stability to Californians from all walks of life and at every economic level. That’s good for our state and for the overall economy.
- Our members span the state and we are active in our local communities. For example:
- We host community-based educational forums on personal finance
- We provide pro-bono tax preparation services for low-income families
- We have student outreach programs that teach financial literacy in our schools and through community organizations
FPA of CA is a resource on matters related to Financial Planning
FPA of CA fosters the value of financial planning and advances the practice and profession of financial planning. We believe that all Californians can benefit from objective advice from a competent, ethical financial planner to make smart financial decisions that improve their lives and community.
- FPA of CA is a ready resource for California’s public officials and can provide expert opinion and “real world” perspective regarding a wide range of financial issues that impact our state.
- We effectively leverage FPA’s national resources to foster relationships and remain up to date and active on the impact of proposed laws and regulations on Californians and nationwide.
- FPA of CA can provide insight concerning relevant laws and regulations before they go into effect. For example, we recently commented for the Department of Corporations on material they prepared to help mid-sized advisory firms move from SEC to state registration, and on proposed amendments to requirements for investment advisers with custody or possession of clients’ funds or securities.
Financial Planning Days
Personal financial planning is essential, regardless of age or income, and is vital to meeting life goals such as buying a home, paying for college or achieving a secure retirement. There are millions of Californians with pressing financial questions that need answers, and unfortunately, many have not had the opportunity to discuss those questions with competent and ethical financial planners. With this need in mind, FPA of CA members support the Financial Planning Days initiative. Every year in October, we provide free, objective, no-strings-attached financial counsel and education to Californians through a series of day-long events that include complimentary one-on-one financial planning sessions and personal finance workshops.
FPA of San Gabriel Valley
2019 President-ElectFPA of Orange County
2019 Council ChairFPA of San Diego
2019 Council Treasurer
FPA of Orange County
2019 Council Secretary
FPA of Orange County
2019 Council MemberFPA of East Bay
Michael C. Marangola
2019 Council MemberFPA of Ventura County
2019 Council MemberFPA of Orange County
2019 Council MemberFPA of Central California
2019 Council MemberFPA of Los Angeles
2019 Council MemberFPA of Silicon Valley
2019 Council MemberFPA of San Diego
2019 Council MemberFPA of San Francisco
2019 Council MemberFPA of the West Valleys